Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Frying Pan Park

In honor of Labor Day, we went to a "real" working farm near where Clay and I lived a few years ago. It is called Frying Pan Farm Park. For people in Northern Virginia, this may look like a farm but I think it is the cleanest farm I have ever been to! But, it was free and they actually had more than just goats, so I can't complain :)

Hey, what's in there?

Oh, a goat!
Elle's friend, Jacob, wasn't too sure of most of the animals. He liked to keep his distance!

Elle and Jacob get along pretty well.

Except when it comes to sharing sippy cups. I think they tend to drink out of the other kid's cup more than their own.

Elle and I playing on the tractors.

Elle and Jacob having fun.

Most of our group - Mikaila, Marek, Elle, Jacob and Erica

She really enjoyed driving this tractor!

This is the best picture I got of the three of them together. Every other picture had at least one kid standing up or looking behind the bench.

At the end of the day, we played on a playground by the Farm Store. That seemed to be the favorite for all the kids. Elle even went down some of the slides all by herself! Why do we bother driving 30 minutes to a farm when the playground around the corner would have been just as much fun??

Hope you had a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment