Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Real food!

I have been holding off on starting Elle on solids until she was closer to 6-months old. I have been doing a lot of research and really like the concept of 'baby led weaning' aka 'baby led solids'. Basically, you skip the purees and just let them start eating real food by feeding themselves. Here is a link to more information if you are interested: http://baby-led.rhgdsrv.co.uk/

We are only doing one time a day for now...and only if it 'works' with how our day is going. Elle is basically still exclusively breastfed...and dinner time is play/exploration time with food! Here she is trying steamed broccoli and chicken strips. She liked the broccoli but didn't really pay much attention to the chicken.

I was eating some blueberry yogurt so I decided to offer her some. She had no interest in me feeding her so I gave her the spoon. She knew exactly what to do with it :) I refilled it a couple of times before she was covered in yogurt!

Mmmmm, blueberry yogurt is good!

When we are travelling, I try to order her plain sides of veggies. So, in Pittsburgh, she had asparagus...

Double-fisting veggies...a habit I am happy to encourage.

She was having a lot of fun with it!

So far, Elle has tried: cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, apples, blueberry yogurt, pickles (yep!), carrots, sugar snap peas, bread and bananas. I think she has liked it all - or at least she kept putting everything in her mouth! Hopefully she keeps playing along and some day learns to chew and not just gnawing on stuff! I think it is pretty fun to watch her explore everything.

Gosh she is growing up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment