Today was Averelle's 6-month check up. Based on what the doctor said, you would think I should have a cranky little girl on my hands...not so!
Do I look like a kid with an ear infection and my 3rd tooth cutting through?
Nah...I am having too much fun to let silly things like that drag me down!
Developmentally, the doctor is really happy with Elle. He was laughing at her through the whole appointment and was surprised when I told him she had started to crawl. I think Elle thinks he looks funny...she is always laughing when we see him.
Elle also got 5 vaccines today. She was a trooper and only cried for a minute or two.
At this check up, she weighed in at 15 pounds 1 ounce (22%) and was 26.25" (70%). While the doctor is happy with her development, he does want to watch her weight. For a kid that started out in the 88%, she has been slow to gain all along and keeps slipping on the growth charts. It seems weird to me that a kid who eats as much and as often as she wants can have a hard time gaining weight.
Since you can't force her to eat, I will need to figure out how to use her diet to influence this. So, twinkies and chocolate will be on the menu tomorrow for dinner - just kidding!! But, we will probably be seeing avocados and a lot of things cooked in olive oil for a while.
Or maybe one of her sweet Grandmas will send some Christmas cookies our way (hint, hint)! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment