Monday, February 14, 2011

It Was Bound To Happen!

Last weekend, we were in New Orleans...trip 3 of 4 (stay tuned!). I thought we were off to a good start on Friday. The nanny showed up and was a nice, helpful college student. I was even impressed that she was able to get Elle to nap. It is rare to get more than 30 minutes in a nap and even rarer to get more than one in a day - but she succeeded!

That was Friday. Saturday, was a different story. It turns out her roommate was diagnosed with strep throat. She texted me that she was going to urgent care to get a test done to ensure she didn't get Elle sick. I really did appreciate the consideration. But, then I never heard from her again. I guess she was positive for it???

So, it became 'take your daughter to work day'. Elle spent the entire day in the meeting room with my committee. I spent the entire day on the floor trying to keep her occupied (mainly by bribing with Cheerios) and trying to stay engaged in the conversation. No small feat on either of them!

Fortunately, most of my committee are either parents or grandparents or completely smitten with Elle so we survived! I insisted on a group photo to commemorate her first meeting!

My boss is the bald guy to the left. The one holding Elle is completely smitten with her - pretty funny!

I am glad they were all understanding about the situation, but I really hope this doesn't happen too often. I didn't realize how stressed out I was about it until I fell asleep before Elle did that night. That was another first!

No comments:

Post a Comment