Since I finally downloaded pictures, this post starts a historical look at the last month and a half!
Back in mid-October, we had plans to go to a pumpkin patch with friends. I also realized that Elle had never had a cookie made by her Mommy. So, I made some yummy sugar cookies to take on our pumpkin patch adventure.
Elle isn't really into sweets much - she seemed to like the cookies without frosting best!
The finished product with frosting. I didn't want to use food coloring to turn them orange - used orange juice and zest instead. They were really tasty but more yellow than orange!
We met our friends at Homestead Farms in Poolesville, Maryland for the afternoon. It really turned out to be more of a petting zoo/working farm than pumpkin patch but the kids loved it.
These are our friends Chandra and TC.
Elle loves all animals and got up close and personal with the chickens, turkeys, cows, pigs, sheep and goats!
This was the only shot I got with all the kids together that day - TC, Riley, Jacob and Elle.
She is also fascinated by scarecrows. She tried to steal this one's shoe.
And his pumpkin...poor guy.
We eventually got around to looking at the pumpkin selection. Elle went around trying to give herself a hernia. We ended up bringing home a pie pumpkin. More her size!
No comments:
Post a Comment