After enjoying a few days of 80-degree weather in DC (who expected that??), Elle and I were off on another adventure. Unfortunately, the weather was not what we had been getting used to at home. Try 50's and rainy. Oh well - since I was locked away in a windowless conference room, I guess Elle was the only one who had to suffer through it!
After my meeting finished up today, we went out exploring with a few of my consultants. Elle was lucky enough to get to experience her first beer tent on St. Patty's Day! She was very excited by the stamps we got after they checked my ID (still says I am 28...), the huge tv screen showing a soccer game and the guy making balloon animals!
So, where was this magical land of rainy weather and beer tents?
Portland, Oregon!
Our free time this weekend also included a Lebanese restaurant - Elle enjoyed the tabbouleh - and a local establishment where she tried corned beef from my yummy ruben - she preferred my fries though.
Our trip out here was pretty good and I am crossing my fingers for the long return flight tomorrow. At this point, I am still having her sit on my lap. But, she is really interested in having her own seat on the airplane. A few weeks ago she kept pointing at the lady in the middle seat saying "Elle sit, Elle sit". Fortunately, the lady was a good sport about it!
Ahhhh, can't wait till she is a teenager! :)
Happy St. Patty's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment