About 11 miles southeast of Palm Springs, CA.
That's where we've been since Sunday. I had a conference to attend here for the last few days. As usual, Elle was the hit of the event. She received a "first time attendee sticker" and they cut out a balloon from the decorations for her on opening night. If I told you what the conference was about, you will probably fall asleep. Fortunately, it finished up around lunch yesterday so I took Elle out exploring.
We ended up at a desert zoo called the Living Desert. It was pretty cool - Elle has been interested in giraffes lately (thanks for the inspiration G&G Brown!) and they had a 4 month old one! We also pet some goats (of course), saw some ostrich, camels, meerkats, a bunch of other cool animals and rode the carousel - and we only saw half of the zoo!
This is a giant concrete gecko. She had fun trying to walk on his tail.
They also have a playground area. Of course she found the sand and water area. They also had a slide that went through a big "cactus", a big "spider web" to climb on, and some "burrows" for you to crawl through.
I didn't take any pictures of the real animals but they did have some cool sculptures all around of the animals that were near by.
It wasn't a huge place but we were there about 2.5 hours - would definitely go back if we ever are in the area again.
No comments:
Post a Comment