Thursday, June 28, 2012

On the Road Again!

Well, the break from travel couldn't last forever. It was a nice run though.

Last week, we were off to Minneapolis for the biggest meeting of the year, our Annual Meeting.

While the meeting was full of excitement (try not to laugh!), the biggest excitement in our house was the flight. Now that Elle has turned two, she got her own seat for the very first time! She was just a little bit excited!!

I opted to leave the car seat at home and try out a CARES harness instead. It weighs less than a pound and fit in my diaper bag. Very cool! I was a little nervous that she wouldn't leave the actual airplane seatbelt buckled but she did great. And only ended up watching Mickey Mouse for about 15 minutes of the flight. Not too shabby!

To be honest, I didn't take any pictures while we were actually in Minneapolis. Work was crazy. Elle did get to spend the entire trip with my Mom though. She was able to meet us there and nanny/get 100% Gramma time. They had a great time and found a mama and NINE baby ducks. Every day they went to visit the ducks and even fed them day old bread a few times.

Back at the airport getting ready to head home, we found a great play area in the terminal. They had something for everyone. Elle found a space shuttle, airplane, bus and slide to play on.

And for the mommies, I found the best vending machine EVER. If you forgot anything, I think you could find it in this thing - pacifiers, wipes, snacks, tylenol, etc. I had to laugh at myself. I don't think I have ever been this excited about a vending machine. My how things change in two years! 

The return flight. She was completely exhausted (Gramma didn't enforce nap OR bed time!) so I had to bribe her getting on the plane. Thank goodness the restaurant by our gate had DumDum suckers at the hostess stand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment