We spent Memorial Day weekend at home - lots of play dates and time at the neighborhood pool.
Such a cutie! Check our her pigtails!
Last weekend was the first time I was able to get her to wear them. Her friend Kate wears them quite often so I used that as peer pressure. So, she has decided that this is her "Kate hair" and has worn it this way almost every day for a week and a half!
Being 1 going on 10, she decided one morning that she didn't want to eat in her high chair but wanted to sit across from me in a regular chair. She did pretty good. Usually she won't sit still but she did that morning.
Then we hit the pool with her friends Jacob and TC. If you didn't know better, you would think they were going skiing not swimming with the full body coverage. They all had on swim shoes too! No sunburns in this house!!
She did really well with her little duck lifevest. By Monday night, she was trying to swim by herself in the big pool. I just needed to be nearby and guide her back to the steps as she "kick, kick, kick Mommy!".
We also were able to walk from our place to a bridge on Sunday morning and watch the Rolling Thunder come into DC. It was pretty loud - and cool to see hundreds of motorcycles take over I-395.
No comments:
Post a Comment