Last Thursday, I took Elle on her first major adventure. We went to visit Clay for the holiday weekend. Yes, I am probably a bit crazy. Flying solo cross-country with a 4 week old probably doesn't sound like a good idea to most sane people! But, fortunately, Elle was up for it and we had a pretty good flight and a great weekend as a family :)
On Saturday, we had lunch with a bunch of Clay's Navy buddies who wanted to meet Elle. And on Sunday, she made her first trip to the Pacific Ocean!
Notice that it is July and we needed to wear jackets!!! Everywhere else in the country had heat advisories and we were 15 miles from Mexico and were COLD!!! Go figure!
On Monday, she rolled over for the first time! This is where she landed... I wouldn't normally allow a 4-week old to just lay around on a hotel floor! But, she had other ideas!
Also on Monday, we went to Old Town to do a little shopping.
The trip home went pretty well too... I didn't really have high expectations for her airport/plane adventure but in the end, I was pretty happy with how it worked out!
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!!
I think I was 10 when I saw the ocean for the first time and Elle is a cross-country adventurer already. What a girl. Glad you had a great trip to see daddy!
ReplyDelete