Last weekend, my friend Jenni and her family came to visit for spring break. Elle and I had a lot of fun with them and hope they didn't mind the cozy quarters too much!
On Saturday, we went to the Air & Space Museum. I actually hadn't been to this museum before so I was pretty excited to see what it was all about. We saw the Spirit of St. Louis and touched a moon rock that was supposedly 3 billion years old!
Jenni, Annalise and Evie in front of John Glenn's space suit. Since this was the first museum of their trip, they were still pretty excited. By Tuesday, I think they had had their fill of museums!
Elle and I. She did really well even though I wouldn't let her out of the stroller. It was a rainy day and the museum was PACKED! No way was I going to let her get stepped on :)
After the A&S museum, we went for a walk on the mall.
Here we are with Evie at the White House.
Here we are with Annalise. Check out the sky - this was about a half an hour after the White House picture. Right after this we walked to the Washington Monument. And that is when the fun started. It didn't rain on us - no, we had the pleasure of being outside in a HAIL storm! Ouch!!!
On Sunday, we went to the Natural History Museum.
Elle must've been a good girl that day since she was allowed out of the stroller.
She had a great time crawling and walking around a few of the exhibits.
I think her favorite was going into the butterfly room. I kept waiting for one to land on her but I think she was just too active for it to happen. She was fascinated by them!
One of my favorite treats is a place called the Dairy Godmother. President Obama has even went there for frozen custard so I figured it was a good place for Elle's first taste of ice cream. The flavor of the day was Cherry Blossom in honor of the Cherry Blossom Festival. After she got over how cold it was, I think she liked it. We even went back a few days later for chocolate - she really liked that flavor!!
Elle is getting pretty good at walking. She can go about 10-12 feet now. I have noticed that she has started to catch herself before falling. Tonight, she actually followed me while walking instead of crawling! She is growing up way too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment