Monday, February 20, 2012

Ahhh, kids!

Being President's Day, daycare was closed so we had all day to hang out at home. Being at home means, eat - play - eat - play - eat - sleep - etc...
Actually, it's rare that Elle naps well for me. But, after napping a total of 10 minutes all weekend, she actually slept an hour today! Yay for federal holidays!

Toward the end of lunch, I asked Elle if she wanted an orange. She usually says yes but then won't eat it. I decided to try a different approach today. After peeling it, I didn't break it into the separate sections. I can't say I've ever seen anyone eat an orange this way!

And then it was time to make dinner.
When I was getting everything ready, I had a few things on the counter that I still needed to use. One of which was a block of cheese that I had planned to grate over our pasta.

From now on, there will be one container of cheese clearly marked "ELLE ONLY"! And if you think this is funny, you should have seen the fit she threw when I took it away so she could eat the real dinner. Super fun.

Also, we've been practicing her name lately (first + last). If she ever got lost, I am pretty sure no one could get her back to me, but at the same time, I think it is a pretty good start!


No comments:

Post a Comment