Today, Elle and I joined her friends Kaitlyn (her BFF) and Jacob - and their Moms Julie (and Kaitlyn's dad, Chris) and Erica - at a kids concert. We went to see a local kids favorite, Rocknoceros. I had never heard of them before last week but for some reason, multiple parents happened to mention them this week and luckily, there was a concert less than a 10 minute drive from our house.
Jacob, Elle and Kaitlyn patiently waiting in the front row as the band set up. Elle picked the seats and sat there the longest. I don't think I have ever seen her this patient!
I have to say, for being geared to 3-5 year olds, these guys were pretty good. At one point, they even covered a Beetles song (the only cover - everything else was their own).
I think she had a good time!
Quite the little dancer!
The moms even got in on the action.
The band said that they hoped to write a song about all 50 states and they are about 6% complete. Fortunately for me, the one they played for us was OHIO!!
Being the true, new groupies that the kids ended up being, they even waited (sort of) patiently to meet the bass player and get their hands stamped!
All of the groupies!
Kaitlyn and her mommie, Julie.
Kaitlyn and Elle have been friends for probably a year and a half and really seem like they are BFFs. At times, the hugs are borderline tackles...
In a few weeks, Kaitlyn and her parents will be moving to Florida (both are in the Army). It has been so great getting to know them and we are very sad to see them go.
Enjoy Florida, we'll miss you!!


No comments:
Post a Comment