YES! Elle and I are very fortunate to be friends with Kate, and her mom Kim. And, that Kim is always on the look out for fun stuff to do in the Washington area. And that she remembers to put her name in to lotteries. AND that she was super lucky to get tickets to the White House Easter Egg Roll this year!
Oh, and we were super lucky to get to go with them on Monday!
First stop, the Sesame Street stage with Abby and Elmo!
Averelle and I on the South Lawn.
Kim and Kate on the South Lawn.
(In case you were wondering, Elle is not the only kid still carted around in an Ergo...)
We aren't exactly sure who this is, but Elle wanted to meet all of the characters. I think he is associated with healthy eating but she only cared that he was a cat...
You can't see them, but President and Mrs. Obama were on the portico welcoming everyone to the event.
I swear.
One of the few group photos we got. Kim, Kate, The Cat in the Hat, Elle and me - and some lady that was in all of my photos for this stop.
Elle and Elmo!
After her Disney experience, she was ready for this. She just ran right up to him and turned around so I could take her picture. No smiles, but trust me, she was soooo excited!
Then Clifford the Big Red Dog!
Kim and Kate with Clifford!
Kate was not a fan of the big crowd - here is Elle "checking" on her. Such good buddies!
Elle, Kate and me.
With Babar!
Oh yeah - I also got to shake hands with First Lady Michelle Obama!
Seriously awesome.
She is as nice and beautiful in person as you would imagine she would be. She thought it was great that Elle and Kate were snacking on whole apples while we waited to meet her.
On the way out, we were given souvenir wooden eggs like on the WH website. Elle got a blue one with an Easter Bunny on it.
Thanks so much to Kim and Kate for letting us tag along! This was an amazing day and it was great to share the experience with Elle's birthday buddy! We owe you big time for this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment