Alternate Title:
"Playing Chicken With A 22-month Old"
Sunday night during dinner, Elle started pointing out the window and repeatedly saying "eat outside". Sounds like a great idea for a spring dinner right? Well, last weekend when we ate lunch out there it was around 80 degrees and beautiful. Tonight, it was a cold, rainy 56 degress.
Try explaining that to a 22-month old.
At some point, she decided that she was done eating in her high chair and insisted on going outside to finish. Fine...I'll let you go outside.
Want your coat or shoes? No! Eat Outside!
Ok - we'll see how long this lasts.
So, I opened the back door, told her to go sit at the table and I would bring her plate out. My little barefoot child headed to the patio. I figured she would put one toe out on the cold wet step and be done with it. But, nooooo. She actually made it about halfway across the patio before she came back to the door.
But, she wasn't done yet. It took about 7-8 times in/out without ever making it to the table before I finally convinced her to just take a blueberry and eat it on the step. That should count as eating outside, right?
Well, after 3 more times in/out (and 6 more blueberries), Elle and her little red feet finally came back in and closed the door.
Final score: Elle - 1; Mommie - 0
Yep, I think I lost at Chicken against a toddler.
Determined and independent barely describe her some days!
No comments:
Post a Comment