Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas in Ohio

We're baaaacccckkk!

Now that we have been home for a week or so, I feel like I am finally starting to get us back to a normal routine. We were able to spend almost 2 weeks visiting with family over the holidays. For me, it was nice to not work (a whole lot)...for Elle, it was nice to be able to spend time with everyone! A big bonus since we got back is that Elle finally getting back to sleeping better. I think that two weeks in pack n play's was a bit much. by the time we left Knox, she was waking up 4-5 times a night. She didn't even do that as a newborn!

This trip was a bit calmer than the first two road trips home. We only committed ourselves to Bryan and Knox! Since Clay wasn't able to leave San Diego until the 29th, we went to Bryan to see my family first.

Christmas Eve

"I am going to get those presents!!"

Cousin Connor shows Elle how to give a 'high 5".

Elle helps Uncle Ray open his present.

While Clay's family are in an ongoing state of depression over the Cubs, mine are Lions fans...not sure who is sadder most days!

Who needs new toys when we have a box??!!

Elle with cousins Connor and Mikayla

With Aunt Angie and Connor

Christmas Day

Who cares about the package...I love ribbons!

Really? All those toys and you play with your old hairbrush?

Other Ohio pics

My bathtub is a 'garden tub' which for Elle is about the equivalent of a swimming pool. So, at home, she is still getting baths in the kitchen sink. But, at Grandma's, she got her first bath in a real bathtub. I think she liked it!

A few days after Christmas we were able to spend time with my friend Jenni's family since they were also home for the holiday. One of their family traditions is to give a baby slices of lemon and laugh. This was Elle's reaction. I don't think we will be doing that again any time soon!

With Grandma!

I will post the Knox pictures soon - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment