Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend in Austin

As I mentioned, we were in Austin, TX for the weekend. I had to work all day Friday and Saturday and most of the day Sunday...such fun. But, we finally finished up around 3 on Sunday so I took Elle for a walk. It was great to be outside without coats! It was actually over 80 degrees and beautiful.
Our destination was the Texas State Capital Building. This is Elle's second capital building tour. She is such a worldly traveler for being only 8 months old!

The rotunda - I think the one in Indiana is prettier!

Ok, Elle makes it look a lot prettier! I will say, the building had a lot of beautiful wood detailing but overall was kind of bland.

Outside, we stopped to play in the sun. Elle was having fun with these plants while contemplating how to climb over them into the fountain they were surrounding!

We finally made it home today. Elle was still in a pretty good mood after we unpacked. I think she is my favorite carry-on!

No comments:

Post a Comment